Friday, September 24, 2010

September 224,2010-Friday and payday at the County

Lit up today around what feels like a denigration of housework and wifeness and motherhood. Will on Starlight News making fun of women (older women). I just lit up-progressed Mercury on the IC of my chart-18 Cancer-A hen scratching the ground looking for food to feed her progeny-I am here to sing a song about mothers and wives and ordinary everyday women picking up after the husband, the children and the children grow up and leave and don't even like us at least until we are old or die.

I have had it both ways: I ran from my childhood marriage and left those beautiful,golden babies to be raised by another strong woman a woman who never complained who did her chores and made sure that the family never even thought of their daily needs they were so completely realized.

I came to see in maturity that indeed it really didn't matter about the husband. Even though I am now married to my perfect husband at least in the heart we are married but not legally still I now realize that it was the wounding of my maternal instinct that caused all the trouble and this wounding was a family inheritance-the women in my mother's line DID NOT LIKE maternity. Pregnancy and childbirth and the resulting children were seen as burdens and my father's mother had only one leg and was married to an ex-con, wrongly accused and convicted and very old then.

Well that is not a very lucid description of what I want to get to. I keep thinking of the women i know who were sold into marriage some even before they could talk by family arrangement. they were not happy in fact some even had to run away but they kept on with the keeping of the house and the caring for the children and this part of life is hidden in plain sight because we denigrate mothers and motherhood and women and wives. This is the Feminine right here with us and we need to become coscious of this and learn to praise this and sing songs to the Mother and to the wives and mothers as we are here today

I find it so sad that only the right-wing Christians really stand up for the mothers and wives. That even now when we should be knowing better the Lefties continue to cry out for women's equality in the workk place rather than crying out for us to recognize the beauty and warmth and safety of the home, the hearth, the beauty brought to us by the mothers and wives tending to the private life that goes unrecognized unappreciated.

So many times I have heard form others that the daily life is not worth conversing over. I remember one friend replying after I complained that she had not spoken of all the work she was doing in her house in order to put the house on the market. she said that that work was not worth talking about. she went on to say that her father always considered the personal,the domestic, the private not worth talking about. I was so surprised I imagine becausse I spend so much caught up in the domestic. The question of what we shall eat later today or when to go to the store or how towash something so that it is not harmed.

The stories of how my ancesteral mothers faced their lives has had such deep interest for me especially since I realized that the Simon women did not want anything to do with maternity. I want to go into why-maternal death and danger and pot-partum depression??

No comments:

Post a Comment