Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/7/2010

Happy Birthday Douglas. My grandson, Shawn's son,9/7/1997. My grandson, Arvin,Amie's son 9/6/1996. Both of these kids are so bright, bright,bright. They both have siblings who are bright as well but these little Virgos are something although Arvin at 5'10" is not small.

Sally of astroworld called to talk about my sister and cancer: I am woefully uninformed the last time I had anything to do with cancer was with my father in 1989 and then with Robert 1993. both men were dead within the year of diagnosis and this experience has certainly colored my response to Buffy's diagnosis. She is in level 4 with a huge mass in her right lung and small cell,aggressive cancer. And she begins treatment on friday to shrink the tumor and get the cancer to retreat and we are told that it will retreat but will come back. The cancer is in her lymph system and "on her liver". The medical people said that she would have been dead in weeks and now she will have months. Perhaps she will have much longer.

I miss having her here and only needed a little break from the daily,every day care and attention. I can tell from our conversation that although she loves being with her Randy she misses being here and our connection of a lifetime together. I do worry that I may never see her again or at least not in the regular daily way which is what I love more than anything-the grinding routine of daily life, the "small"life of the "lesser people (thank you forever Alan Simpson-you elitist pig).

Politics are devastating these days-no matter how insane the people seem to be going for the Tea Party folk such as Rand Paul, the insane son of Ron Paul. Or good god Haley Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment