Saturday, July 3, 2010

Posting something I started on Starlight-I realized that my view is actually much more complex than I could go into there:
Fe-I love your thoughts and the words but frankly I have not known what to do since this country moved to "apathy".
Yes, I feel angry but I don't think that I am looking for a "Daddy" now have I felt like a "victim" at least not until I heard the add I wrote about above.
I have watched so much of what I hold dear be stripped away by a reactionary spirit. I find days that I can take the long view such as with my grandchildren who are simply NOT racist as I was raised to be. The young ones have very different ideas of sex roles and the kids I know are strongly progressive. I could go on and on about the good I witness for the future but I know where other folk live things do not look so much like my world and I won't even go into how shocking the Pluto in Scorpio people are for this Pluto in Leo-hear laughter there.

The "born again" folk frankly freak me out the entire Christian hell and damnation has always freaked me out. I was made miserable as a child always worrying about how much I was sinning and also the shadow life of all the perfection shadowed by the old men who liked to touch little girls and affairs of grown-ups,etc. I didn't feel supported because of my unfortunate social position and I felt judged and rejected mostly in the name of Jesus-weird when considers the actual Christian message of love and care.

So the upsurge of these mega-churches and the "Left Behind" books and mindsets have brought out real sadness and anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment