Thursday, July 8, 2010

7/8/10

Okay dear readers, this is hard to believe but I have gout. My mother had gout and my grandfather and now here I am. I looked into foods high in the purines that antagonize the condition in my left "great toe' and unbelievably I found legumes listed-LEGUMES-my beloved beans and oatmeal and whole grain breads!!!! I am amazed and will be doing a lot of change in the ol diet. I knew about meat and seafood including (sob) coquilles, but beans!! and oatmeal and beer!! Good God. However I am free to love cream soups and yogurt and cheese and some chicken and eggs and all the things the diet doctors warn us against.
Well I had a dream the other week about seeing myself weighing in at the doctor's and I was well under the dread point-NO!! dear readers I refuse to give you an actual number but I have taken this to mean that the feeling I had that the spell of obesity that had me totally bewitched has passed. Yesterday I was down another 3or4 pounds even at the end of the day of some rather hearty eating. I am thinking that as I eat more for my health I will drop more weight and I will feel better.
The main thing for me is that I eat real food. No "fast food", no food from the freezer section at the store, no food from boxes. I don't always have to cook the food but that is the cheapest and the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment