Monday, July 19, 2010

7/19/10

So I saw a trailer of the new Julia Roberts Movie based on the book "Eat,Pray,Life"? Is that the title? any way the prettiness made me feel good inside and I wanted to walk into the movie and then be home for supper.

This has been the hardest fucking day: we were dangerously behind on COMCAST and Steve finally got a paycheck from the State (they still owe him for 6/2010) and the COMCAST man showed up wanting $608. Well we only had $300 and he accepted that with the promise that we would pay the rest next Monday which we will. Well the TV and the internet are on but COMCAST chose to disconnect the phone and but out a message not a polite one saying we are not available and please leave a message. OH NO!! not fucking Comcast no the message say this phone has been disconnected. Jeez!! So at any rate both Steve and I spoke with customer service. I asked right off for a supervisor and got one and she agreed and said that the reason they did that was that they don't get the news of payments like the $300 for around 10 days and agreed to turn the phone back and to give them 20 minutes. Well hours later the phone is half turned on and STeve is now going to the local office which used to be close to us but is now clear over in Berkeley On University close to Shattuck. Hope that he is successful. He is not nearly direct enough for most service people to deal with. I am very good because I spent my entire working life trying to get people to do what I want them to do even if it was only agreeing to bring in their birth certificate. I however am no good at teaching people to read and I can't sing harmony.
So not over yet--we knew his cellphone would be turned off tonight but they truned it off this morning and this even though he only used half of his allotted hours.Buffy's cell phone is weird to use.

Okay and I worte two long "letters" one to Guylene and the other to Julie. No responses from either.
Julie perhaps she doesn't have a computer of her own here-okay so space there.
Guylene-saw that there is a gathering in Liberal and she is expected and maybe she doesn't have a computer with her in "cool Colorado" but my heart is saying that she is still linked to Moscow and Cheri and those I last saw in 1961.

I was really hoping to connect with those people who sat in classrooms with me while we learned to write and read and figure and learned about how to be citizens and developed athletic abilities-swimming, playing basketball and volleyball and soft ball, learning to run and to be "a good sport". I really wanted to meet up with these folks now after so many years and thought that we could share and I fell for the idea of doing Cheri's chart and wrote to her from the bottom of my heart-there is so much alike in us and I could just see why I was so fascinated and why she was, also. She said as much and even called me friend but then she sent a frosty e-mail and never wrote any thing else. WELL!!!!! as I said to myself,WELL!!!!!

So I guess the cliche is true we can't go home again and I don't see why. I would love to talk to these people and get to know them and share what we found out about life but oh! well!!! I feel love for my memories but I guess that is not enough and I will shut this book and never go back there again and I find this really, really sad. I am watching "Hope Floats" and wishing that I had a big old house with a screened in back porch where we could eat dinner. Wishing really that I could go home because things have not worked out so well. I would love to have some solid something to go back to but that is not possible in the 60's I am supposed to be the solid something but I am a failure in that arena and I am wanting somewhere to rest for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment