Friday, July 16, 2010

7/16/2010

So Steve received his first check from the State today. There is another one pending that was sent to Sacramento on 7/2/2010. Perhaps the second one will come next week.
Any way today there is a huge,loud knock on the door and there is the Comcast man coming to collect $602 or take the equipment away. Steve has gone out to cash the check and to get an AC pass and pay his phone forward and go to the grocery store and I can't get him to pick up the phone. I invite the man to come in and he sees one of the cats and says that no he won't come in a house with cats-informs me that he is not afraid of cats just hates them so I say okay and shut the door threatening under my breath to sic my cats on him while I call Steve. Finally Steve calls and I explain our peril and Steve talks to the guy who agrees to keep service on for $300 but says he has to take the equipment because Steve isn't here with the money. I am just about to start screaming and here comes Steve around the corner. Then it turns out that we can't use Steve's self-fill Mastercharge card. At this point I begin to complain about how differently we are treated with our Richmond address than we were in Berkeley. This guy at least has the good grace to admit that this is so and that we bot know why (we are all black here in Richmond). In fact the guy was full of grace and he is to be complimented.
So we still have our TV and computer and phone and Steve is bringing home round steak on sale and corn tortillas and cherries and green peppers-I believe that I am making fahitas tonight and perhaps the State will pay him for June's services next week and then in August we will get even and find a decent used vehicle and we will start all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment