Thursday, November 25, 2010

11/25/2010

Probably overworked yestereday but the kitchen looks appropriately Thanksgiving. Miss my sister who would be busy decorating the house so that Thanksgiving would reflect all over the house. Aimee, Arthur, Courtney will be here and Arvin arrived yesterday. There will be football and parades on TV and there will be cooking and we will eat all day. There will also be reminders of all the family/origins issues and the opportunity to release the past.
I said my morning prayer to Holy Queen: She is also present and healing and supporting in this home-the Blessing that I could never have asked for because the blessing came first and then I have grown in the direction, with the direction of Her.
Now : need cornbread, coconut cake, go get Aimee and Arthur, get giblets on to cooking in order to have turkey broth for dressing and gravy, cranberries into cranberry chutney,drain the fruits for the Heavenly Hash an outrage of fattening food that is my absolute favorite salad for Thanksgiving and Christmas-mandarin orange section, crushed pineapple,cherries,marshmallows and sour cream. YUP!! I am not kidding! This is from childhood and I have never tired of it. It was the expense of this on thanksgiving 1980 with George that revealed our greatest division. We were so broke and he was horrified that I spent over $10 getting the ingredients and I was of course simply delighted that I could manage to get the food together. The point for me is that I did not yet know how to make the salad properly but it symbolizes for me the lushness of abundance and overflow and it is the abundance that I love and seek out at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment