Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11/10/2010

Copying something I wrote in Huffington Post in regards to "homone therapy" that a doctor is recommending in today's HP.
One wonders why we need to medicate against aging. And one does wonder why we need to torture horses with a life much worse than any imagined Hell in order to keep us from aging. I use medicines from the big pharm companies and I am grateful but I don't see why menopause is so frightening. Perhaps because we can no longer be sex objects, because women have no point except for the lust we can inspire in men's hearts? I love being post-menopausal and yes I do have some of the age related medical problems that I would never trade for the uproar and chaos of my reproductive years,.
This is very truthful even though I do miss the sexuality. last week I orgasmed in a dream-the first one in ages because I require so long to become excited unlike the years of reproductive energy. I always thought that boys and men were the only ones to get "horny" but now I can understand that I was almost all the time when in those years but the conflict between my US protestant upbringing and my body caused such chaos and uproar that I never felt horny just deeply frightened. It was not until Steve at the end of those years that I finally felt safe enough to really enjoy my sex and my body. the sweetest reward for simply hanging in long enough to get to the top as it were. All the ideas about sex are ridiculous what is really important is to have the confidence in ourselves and for me that took years and years-look at my chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment