Thursday, December 9, 2010

12/9/2010

Deleted this mornings entry. saved it to a folder just for myself. good writing but not for the world.
Okay that startled me but here is the rest of today's offering from a wonderful Rabbi regarding Hanukkah which is just ending:
Rabbi Levi Yitzhak views Hanukkah as a model for understanding how the Divine interacts with Israel and the world in contemporary times -- "ba-z'man ha-zeh." While one might wish for God's supernatural intervention, the Divine acts in a much more refined manner. In the mystical terminology of Hasidism, God functions from within a state of tzimtzum (veiled appearance), active but not easily perceptible to the seeker.

And this is an example of why i love Jews and often wish that I was a Jew but alas!1 I am Christian right down to my toes. this discussion of the activity of God is so thoughtful so inspired, so mature so grown-up that I just shiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment