Monday, August 9, 2010

8/9/2010

In Starbucks again-still no comcast but Starbucks allows free internet for the cost of an ice tea or coffee beautiful and they have made a fan out of me. I was opposed to Starbucks but I have changed my mind now and no longer support the snooty North Berkeley attitude of Peet's. This Starbucks is absolutely hopping all day long and I love being a part of people's everyday life here and I don't care if I don't belong to the Vine St mentality. Just this morning Steve and I walked past young civil engineers doing their early morning measurements and when I said good morning to them they pretended not to hear me although no one else has that problem with me. I chuckled as we passed and siad to Steve "they don't think that we are college graduates and therefore they feel no need to recognize my greeting." Steve said that he has encountered that all of his life although he is now in one of the most prestigious graduate schools in the country. I wenr on to talk about how both of us have had such experience as outliers that we often stumble on that in our own relationship.
More later have to go pee and pack up to let others share in Starbucks generosity and we will spend the last of our cash to get good cat food and then try to scratch up more cash to survive on.

No comments:

Post a Comment