Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8/18/2010

Thinking so much about getting Buffy on the plane today that I posted 8/18/2010 yesterday 8/17/2010-oh well!!

I was so sad this morning that after never hearing from Julie again after her visit here that I finally called her at her home in Hawaii and there she was. I had forgotten how brutally cruel she is when people do not fill her needs. she just dropped me saying that we were 'good without any thought of me and how I might not be good. I was in tears and now I remember and know that I will never be more than a way for her to pass some time and when i don't she will drop me without a thought.
I have spent a lot of time in our friendship thinking about her life and how hard it has been and the poetry of being born with the siver spoon but then having to endure the loss through death of her greatest loves and eventually even her fortune. What made me weep this morning was realizing that she would never waste her time thinking about my life. That hurt and I just wish that I could drop her but I would really like to take my sister there for a week or so. Buffy has never been to Hawaii. Perhaps one of the package trips would be better although I would so prefer for Buffy to experience Hawaii away from the hotels and creepy banked ocean water of the packages. I would love for her to see Hawaii from Julie's place and the ocean in its nature not in the protected ocean that one finds in Honolulu. I guess I have time to decide what to do.
I must say that the words of this election are actually shocking to me. There is an argument going on because of an Islamic social center being built a few blocks from ground zero of 9/11. People are saying that the Muslims should not develop the center there, that the Muslims will train terrorists there,etc. I am horrified by this plus the hatred of Mexicans in Arizona expressed as hatred of illegal immigration and that this entire thing is spreading around the country ( Arizona passed a law saying that police,etc are free to demand proof that anyone they stop is a citizen or here legally as an immigrant, student,etc. Arizona cries that the people from Mexico are killing folk in the fields leaving their severed heads on the land (this is directly from their governor). what we do know is that the morgue is overwhelmed by the bodies from the deserts of folk who tried to get in without papers and without the thousands, tens of thousands the coyotes demand to smuggle them in. At any rate I am so shocked by the hatred in words from Gingrich on down.
Oh more later: our vacation is now for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment