Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6/15/2010

Last entry was about Murdoch's corporation being about half owned by one of the Saudi princes. I was certainly dancing around some icky racism or rather simple bigotry when what I really needed to see is that Murdoch is not nearly as popular as his publicity would have us believe-he has sold his soul. Wonder how his red-neck white followers here in the US, the ones who listen to FOX all the time will feel when this becomes common news. Perhaps nothing!! Just as long as FOX keeps on supporting their belief that "colored folk" are taking over and high taxes are the problem in this country.

I was just flabbergasted by the news of where Murdoch went to get money. Wonder what the story is would love to know.

Listening to Chris Matthews rag out on an administration spokesperson, Carole Browner, I think. I guess no one wants to admit that we cannot do anything and that the Gulf is already dead. The gossip is that the destruction goes far beneath the ocean floor and in truth cannot be stopped. As an astrologer this is Neptune and Chiron together-oil and the wound that cannot be healed. Chiron gave up his life due to the wound caused by the poison he taught the others to make. He was wounded accidently in the struggle of battle and knew that he was doomed. Well we are doomed ourselves now in the Gulf of Mexico.

Steve hates the term "addiction to oil" but I agree with it: I told him today that we are unconscious of the addiction but there it is. We not only use it for travel but for lotions and soaps and clothes and on and on. Plus "we" pay much more for the bosses of the petroleum companies than we do for safety measures. Fact is we don't know what we are doing to the earth as we deplete the petroleum reserves. this digging miles under the crust to go after oil scares me and not just about this current disaster but on some atavistic level: we should not drain "Our MOther's Blood" the way that we are doing. I don't know why I believe this but I do as I just said.

Arvin just called to say that he has adopted a two month old kitten. I warned him that his mother is not pet friendly and then discussed some practical issues such as coming over here for cat gravel and changing the box daily and dealing with the kittens fear and anxiety over being seperated from "his" family. I also just called back and left a message saying that if his mother is REALLY against the kitten to bring the kitten here and we will just add it to the group. Of course I also told him that part of growing up is not bringing new life into a situation before everyone is ready. I worry about Arvin and his mom getting into a knock down dragout over the kitten. Arvin needs love and craves love and could get a little nuts here especially is his mother uses her ugly voice/face to communicate.

Right-wing troubles? Chris Mathews says so. I don't know because I don't know any of these folks and in fact I loathe the right-wing which I grew up in but my family was always Democrat and that right there prevented me from ever hearing too much of this and in my day the right-wingers were in a different environment-some of the TV talkers have pointed out that Eisenhower would be considered left-wing these days.

I watch too much TV but then I at least hear some of the points of discussion. Also, TV is so controlled these days so are the newspapers and magazines. Thank god for KPFA which is why I send money to Pacifica and will as long as it stands. Even with the decided left-wing slant I get more real news there than anywhere else. I am amazed at how often I will hear something "new" but I know for a fact that the "news" happened two days before. And there is just no news from the rest of the world except for those poor countries we are stomping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment