Thursday, June 17, 2010

06/17/2010

What a heavy and painful day expected. Listening to the House of Representatives hearing with BP executives.
I love John Dingle of Michigan: he looks old as a rock to these eyes that have been trained to see in age the face lifts, the botox, etc that seemingly the majority of those in the "public eye" utilize to hide the truth of aging but his mind is clear and sharp and tough and I love him.
The Republicans are beyond belief. One Republican called the 20 billion settlement for the beginning of the claims "a shakedown". Amazing and sickening. Then there are the rest of the Republicans are trying to tie this around Obama's neck. I read somewhere that Obama will need at least two years to root out the Cheney people in all the levels of government. I support this.
Then-we found out yesterday that her son's court date is shifted from Friday to today. We had lined up Rev. Green for whom Steve works as editor in his Dept of Rehab work. The rev has family members who have had the misfortune of going up against this judge.
I want to write about this experience of the legal system: what I have observed is citizens working for the Court feeling so proud that they are on the "right side". I have listened to stories of defendents, named out loud when "Court" is not session, and shocking ill-will towards defendants, and I have witnessed judges and DA's and Court appointed attorneys working together to arrive at their desired outcome.
This is over for today-must get ready for court.

No comments:

Post a Comment