Saturday, February 5, 2011

2/5/2011

So for a few days I have been eating "vegan" and just now I ate some cheesecake and I now have the old familiar stomach ache-crampy and tight and miserable something I just don't get when I stay "vegan".
When I first heard about "vegan"I was disgusted thinking that the people putting it forward were fanatics and wanting to spoil life for the rest of us. well thanks to celebrities such as Bill Clinton,Kate Winslet,etc I changed my mind and decided to give the change a chance. this week I ate as I wished just made sure that what I was eating had zero animal involved and WOW!! a week of no stomach cramps, no bloating-a week free of pain and even the headaches that have always troubled me. I am so converted.
We shopped at the Bowl and I now have several packages of seitan in the frig and I will learn to prepare my own in batches-the Food Mill offers seitan in bulk.
I will forever now avoid milk and milk products-i really didn't realize how sensitive I am to cows milk. No wonder I was a colicky baby.
I made a squash and apple soup and used a chicken bullion cube although the next purchase of bullion will be for vegi only with less salt.
I have not been a purist-there has been some chicken and cheese but I know I will come around because the thoughts of what t he chickens go through to bring me eggs is sickening and I don't want to be part of that. Spent $5.50 for hand raised chicken eggs-can't afford that so will need to learn to live without eggs.
I really do feel freer and lighter and more energetic even after a day of vegan life. Thank god for the vegetarian life of the 70's. I always planned to get back to the life and now I am but without all the fat and milk.
I have always been an animal lover loving even rats and snakes. Killing animals to eat has always disturbed me and now I am free to step out of that reality. thankfully my family is quite aware of the vegan movement so I don't have to explain as much as I did in the 70's.
I haven't yet purchased almond milk nor rice milk nor soy milk but I will although I don't like soybeans which seem to be making humans and animals fat no matter what is said about the properties of soy beans. I always hated eating them in the 70's and could sometimes stand the milk but that is as far as I ever went. replacing yogurt will be interesting-I love Strauss Family yogurt-all sour and smooth but admittedly yogurt gives me a fierce stomach ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment