Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8/18/2010

Back at last!! Wheww that took so much money and we are now so broke that I can not even get to Kaiser for my warfarin testing until Monday 8/23/2010 but it is worth it although I did enjoy the local Starbucks where we went daily to check our e-mails for the price of a coffee and/or iced tea. the Starbucks at the El Cerrito Plaza is so friendly and open full of folk who work in the area and are full of energy.
Copying something I wrote for Starlight but dicided not to publish beause it is really a cry of shock and grief condemning someone I respected formerly but no longer. This is of course from the current brough haha regarding the Muslim center being built m the area of the Trade Towers that were brought down at the beginning of the Bush reign used to convince folk of the necessity of invading Iran and Afghanistan.

Will-I am a little out of time and step here but reading up to get up-to-date I am left wondering if someone has taken up residence in your skin. Left-leaning centrist condemning lefties? Blaming Muslims for the bigotry coming out in the past few days even though the project has been going forward for quite sometime? Accusing the President of having a death wish because he is willing to stand up and lead rather than performing as a trained rat as Reid is doing?
I find the open hatred and bigotry directed toward Islam and Muslims to be frightening and I feel shock and grief over the level of intolerance expressed. And I feel shock and grief with you.

The hatred of Muslims being spread around is sickening-people talk as if all Muslims are the followers of Al-Queda or Osama Ben Laden living for death and the promise of heaven if only they will blow themselves up and kill Westerners. I even understand with sympathy the hatred and grief that lead people to sign up-America is not the good folk we like to think that we are.

I am weary. We are sending my sister tp see her son and grand daughters and she has to leave very early in th emorning and w have also been getting our cable back on and cleaning the house so that Comcast will not feel judgemental-old country girl that I am. I am hoping to be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment